- Scope of Privacy Statement
- Collection of Your Information
- Commitment to Privacy
- Use of Your Information
- Tailored Advertising
- Do Not Track Signals
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Opting Out of Communications from Us
- Notice of Privacy Rights of California Residents
- Security and Account Protection11. Children’s Information
- Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Personal Information13. Third Party Links and Services14. Amendments to Privacy Statement15. International Transfers of Information
Scope of Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes how WeDoItCheaper, and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “we,” “us,” “our,” or the “Company”) handle your personal information when you (collectively, “you” or “your”) use the Company’s websites (WeDoItCheaper.com) and any other website where this Privacy Statement is posted), tools, documents and applications (including mobile applications), and other services, including the services offered. By using the Services, you expressly consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Collection of Your Information
The Company has a strong commitment to providing information tailored to your individual needs while providing excellent service to all of our visitors and customers, including respecting concerns about privacy. We understand that you may have questions about whether and how we collect and use information. This Privacy Statement details the steps we take to respect your privacy concerns.
Commitment to Privacy
Personal Information. We do not collect personal information (such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, or financial account information) from you when you browse the Services, unless you have specifically and knowingly provided us with personal information, e.g., by creating an account through the Services (“WeDoItCheaper”), updating your WeDoItCheaper Account profile, registering for or participating on the website to submit a legally binding offer or a transaction event and completing online forms or questionnaires. This information may include, without limitation, information such as your first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number, username, password, billing information, and other information exchanged in connection with real estate transactions. We also may acquire personal information from other sources such as offline records, publicly available information, or from third parties. We use this information to provide the Services and as discussed in this Privacy Statement.
Automatically-Collected Information. We may automatically collect information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services, and your interactions with the Services. For example, we may collect and store information such as your browser type, IP address, language, operating system, location of your wireless device (e.g., latitude and longitude), the state or country from which you accessed the Services, unique device identifier (e.g., a UDID or IDFA on Apple devices like the iPhone, iPad and iTouch), the pages you view, length of time spent on pages, communications with other users through the Services, the Services you use and the manner in which you use such Services (e.g., the content you access, view, click on, search for, post, favorite, vote, follow, share, upload, or tag), the date and time of your visit, the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting our Company websites, error logs, and other hardware and software information, as well as other geographic and demographic information. We may use third party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information. We may use this information to formulate statistical models about use of the Services, enhance the Services for our users, and provide you with information about new opportunities, and tailored content, advertising, marketing and as otherwise discussed in this Privacy Statement. To the extent that such information is maintained in a manner that identifies your name or contact information, it will be treated as personal information; otherwise, such information will be treated as non-personal information.
The Services may also contain social plugins for other websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+. We recommend reviewing the privacy policies with respect to the social plugins for each of these websites, prior to clicking on such plugins.
- Use of Your Information
We will use your information for the purpose for which you provided it, and we may also use your information for a number of purposes such as to:
- Create and maintain your WeDoItCheaper and account profile, your Community profile, registration information and communication preferences; Enhance the user experience;
- Perform research and analytics;
- Customize and personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Services;
- Respond to and fulfil your requests for Services (including qualification to make bids or offers) or other inquiries;
- Call, email or otherwise contact you to facilitate marketing or transaction events for which you are registered;
- Call, email or otherwise contact you regarding new opportunities relating to marketing or transaction events or our other Services;
- Administer, register or enroll you in, or facilitate your participation in recreational, educational or entertainment activities; surveys or questionnaires; promotions or sweepstakes, or any other services, events or activities sponsored by us or third parties, or offered in connection with our Services;
- Send you prizes and gifts;
- Send you information about topics that may be of interest to you; and
- Send you communications related to your Ten-X Account and to alert you to the latest developments and features of the Services.
The Services may include third party tailored ad technology which enables customized and targeted ads to be displayed to you through the Services and on third party websites. We do not share personal information with these third parties; however, when you use the Services, we or third parties operating the ad serving technology may use non-personal information that is collected through cookies, anonymous identifiers, such as an IDFA on iOS devices, web beacons, pixels, or clear GIFs to ensure that appropriate ads are presented and to perform analytics concerning your use of the Services and other websites tracked by these third parties. These technologies also may control the number of times you see a given ad, deliver ads that relate to your interests, and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. To the extent any of this information is collected by third parties, you acknowledge and agree that such collection and use is governed by those third parties’ privacy policies and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties.
Do Not Track Signals
We do not respond to or alter our practices detailed herein based upon your selection of the “Do Not Track” setting or other “opt out” setting or feature that may be offered by your browser; however, we reserve the right to do so in the future.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your information in the following ways:
- We may make information collected through the Services available to subsidiaries and affiliated companies that are under common ownership or control within the Company family.
- If you download information on assets listed on our Services or make a bid or offer on a particular asset, the seller and its affiliates and representatives are given access to your information.
- We may share information about our visitors, customers, or former customers with the following types of companies that perform services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
- Non-financial companies such as envelope stuffers, fulfillment service providers, payment processors, data processors, customer/support services, etc. Enhance the user experience. Financial service providers such as companies engaged in banking, mortgage lending, consumer finance, securities, and insurance.
- We may share or sell, as allowed by law, information about you with other companies who we believe may have products and services of interest to you. If you would like to opt-out of our sharing of your information with these other companies for their direct marketing purposes, please follow our Third Party Opt-Out Policy described in Section 9 below.
- We may share your information with any person or entity when we have your consent.
- We may use and share non-personal information about you or use of the Services, including any de-identified and aggregated data with third parties without limitation.
Opting Out of Communications from Us
By creating a WeDoItCheaper account or registering for or participating in any marketing or transaction event on one of our Company websites, you agree to receive direct mail, email newsletters and other promotional email communications, as well as promotional telephone communications. Similarly, by creating a Community profile you agree to receive email newsletters and other promotional email communications. For example, from time to time we may send you email notices or news updates alerting you to new features, products, promotions, or services pertaining to offerings from us, new opportunities, surveys or our other Services, and, if you have created a WeDoItCheaper Account or registered for a marketing or transaction on one of our Company websites, we may send you direct mail or call you with respect to same.
Notice of Privacy Rights of USA Residents
We have adopted a policy of not sharing your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you request that we do not do so (“Third Party Opt-Out Policy”). You may make such a request by sending us an email. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personal information or for processing this request.
Security and Account Protection
We have implemented commercially reasonable physical, administrative, technical, and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal information. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We appreciate your help in safeguarding the integrity of your own and others’ privacy. We encourage you to let us know immediately if you suspect that any personal information you shared with us is being used contrary to this Privacy Statement.
The Services are not directed toward persons under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly market to or collect any personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us or the Services. If you provide information to us through the Services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older.
Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Personal Information
If your personal information changes or is inaccurate, you agree to update your information by updating the account information located in your WeDoItCheaper Account profile.
Third Party Links and Services
The Services may contain links to third-party websites, including identity verification and social networking websites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites or services to which we link. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or services. The personal information you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties is not covered by our Privacy Statement. We strongly encourage you to read such third parties’ privacy statements.
Amendments to Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement at any time by posting the amended terms on the Services. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective upon posting. Your continued use of the Services following these changes means that you accept such revisions. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the changes here and notify you in the manner and to the extent required by law.
International Transfers of Information
Some of the uses and disclosures mentioned in this Privacy Statement may involve the transfer of your personal information to various countries around the world that may have different levels of privacy protection than your country. By submitting your personal information, you consent to such transfers. By using the Services, or by submitting your personal information to us, you expressly consent to the storage and processing of your personal information in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the state of Florida , or in the users designated jurisdiction.